Sumex Design, Inc prides itself on contributing 1% of its annual gross to charitible organizations. In 2011, Sumex Design will be supporting the following charities:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. Founded by late entertainer Danny Thomas and based in Memphis, Tenn., St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities around the world. St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family's inability to pay. St. Jude is financially supported by ALSAC, its fundraising organization. St. Jude was named the nation's top children's cancer hospital in the 2010-11 Best Children's Hospitals rankings published by U.S. News & World Report. For more information, go to www.stjude.org and follow St. Jude on www.facebook.com/stjude and www.twitter.com/stjude.
The National EMS Memorial Bike Ride, Inc. honors Emergency Medical Services personnel by organizing and implementing long distance cycling events that memorialize and celebrate the lives of those who serve everyday, those who have become sick or injured while performing their duties, and those who have died in the line of duty.
The vision of the NEMSMBR is to see recognition of EMS as a profession, a reduction in debilitating injuries and LODD in EMS and a national EMS accountability system. It is our hope that these events will focus attention on the accomplishments of all EMS personnel, and educate the community at large about the need for improved safety standards, injury prevention, disability tracking and death benefits for EMS personnel and their families.
- Remember EMS workers who have died in the line of duty
- Raise public awareness about line of duty deaths and disabilities in the EMS profession
- Honor EMS workers who continue to work despite dangerous safety conditions
- Advocate for a national tracking of injuries, near misses and a line of duty deaths in EMS
- Provide a safe, friendly and supportive environment for all individuals participating in NEMSMBR events
- Promote healthy lifestyles for EMS providers through physical activity and nutrition